Thursday, January 23, 2014

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature created by and hosted at The Broke and The Bookish
1. The 5th Wave Trilogy. I'm pretty sure would not do well in that world. At all.

2. The Hunger Games Trilogy. Another obvious one. Our own society is unequal, cruel and capricious enough for me, thanks.

3. The Coldest Girl In Coldtown. I'm not a fan of vampires, and while the vampire plague was a fascinating concept, I certainly wouldn't want to live in the world. It almost feels like a world that is slowly dying- there's almost this feeling of inevitability, that, one day, you will either be a vampire or you will be food.

4. Razorland Trilogy. I don't think I'd fancy that much.

5. Quarentine Trilogy. I wouldn't enjoy being trapped in a school for years with a bunch of teenagers after all social order has deteriorated.

6. Orleans. I wasn't a big fan of this book as a reader, and I found the world pretty doomed, depressing and for me not that interesting. And it really isn't a world that I would like to live in.

7. Legend Trilogy. There's a lot not to want to live in about this world. A totalitarian government that kills civilians they don't like, or that don't fit their standards, and test biological weapons on civilians for a constantly ongoing war. I don't think it sounds terribly fun.

Those are the main ones that I can think of. There are a whole lot of worlds that I have no interest in living in, but not for any stronger a reason than because they just don't interest me (seriously, so, so many). There are probably some (many) that I would never want to live in, but I haven't thought to put here.

1 comment :

  1. Great picks! I also chose the Hunger Games, for obvious reasons. If I was put into the arena, I am pretty sure that I would be the first to die. I haven't read TCGIC, but I don't want to live in a world where there are vampires. Great picks :) My TTT.

    ReplyDelete