Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Books of 2013 (TTT Rewind)

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature created and hosted at The Broke and The Bookish

Because I ended up being too late to post this when it was done for TTT.

The Scorpio Races
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I love the premise, plot, characters and writing style of this one. Overall, I think it was my favourite book of the year.  It just hit so many personal notes for me, and I adore it.
Nation
Nation by Terry Pratchett
I really enjoyed the writing and the world of this one.
Sorrow's Knot
Sorrow's Knot by Erin Bow
This one is a beautifully written, emotional fantasy with influences from Native American cultures.


The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
I'm just rally, really enjoying this series. I love how Maggie Stiefvater writes.
The 100 (The Hundred, #1)
The 100 by Kass Morgan
This book was really difficult to put down- I ended up reading it in one go, though I had originally planned to only read a few pages. It also doesn't have black-and-white morality, and a lot of twists and turns.
Vessel
Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst
Once again, a wonderfully crafted fantasy set in the desert. I really enjoyed reading this one.
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Such a wonderful concept, and a strong start to a series that I'm really enjoying.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
Angelfall by Susan Ee
Makes the list for being the only purely angel-themed book that I have read and enjoyed (or even finished).
Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
One of those books that you don't even know why you like, you just sort of do... It's hard to explain what I mean here... there are so many aspects that shouldn't work for me, yet, somehow I still enjoyed reading it.

No comments :

Post a Comment