Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them


Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature created at The Broke and The Bookish.

1. The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes: Profiling as a concept interests me. I dabbled in psychology a bit when I was in high school, but it was never something I could really see myself doing.

2. Every time I read something set in Italy, I want to learn Italian. And how to make pasta properly, I never manage to make it from scratch with total success.

3. Genius: The Game by Leopoldo Gout it was interesting, and reminded me how very much I don't know about computers.

4. The Martian by Andy Weir and the viability of the potatoes intrigued me. Obviously less something to do and more something to research. We did grow tomato seeds that had been sent to space when I was in high school.

5. There are plenty of books that make me want to start taking self defense again...

6. I'm quite interested in the development of the field of forensics, and forensics itself. I read a book when I was in the sixth grade that kind of started my interest in it. One of my favourite things about The Shallow Graves were the proto-forensics bits.

4 comments :

  1. I haven't read any of these but I love a book that makes you think or go out and research more about a topic :) For me it would have to be Between Shades of Gray because I had no idea there was a Lithuanian Holocaust before I read that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine that was happy topic to research. I haven't read Between Shades of Gray, but I've heard fantastic things!

      Delete
  2. I so badly want to learn Italian as well! It's such a beautiful language. And profiling intrigues me too -partly because of my long love for Criminal Minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard The Natruals described as YA Criminal Minds, though I've never seen it (I think I'd probably like it, so if Canadian Netflix ever gets it, I'll give it a try).

      Delete