Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A to Z Book Survey

Look at what I found collecting dust in my drafts.
AtoZsurvey
Jamie of the Perpetual Page-Turner  put together a survey, which sounded fun, so I figured I would give it a go. (Click the sign above for her competed version.)


Author you've read the most books from:
Eoin Colfer. I've only mentioned my adoration of the Artemis Fowl series about a million times. I just love Colfer's writing. I think he's the author I have read most.

Best Sequel Ever: I really enjoyed Skybreaker, sequel to Airborn

Currently Reading:
I'm re-reading  the Harry Potter series. I'm almost finished Going Vintage, though it has been sitting neglected for almost two weeks. I've got less than 100 pages left of The Omnivore's Dilemma. So, basically I have a bunch on the go.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Lemonade, or cranberry raspberry juice. Or, basically, whatever I feel like at the time.

E-reader or Physical Book?
Physical. People keep telling me to get an e-reader, but there's something about physical books. Also, I have been known to drop many a book, and paper is a lot more forgiving than wiring.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Tough one. I don't tend to take fancies to fictional characters.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)
I wasn't going to read it, but a friend of mine loved it. It has plenty of flaws, but I still overall enjoyed it. I have a weird relationship with this trilogy...

Hidden Gem Book:
Airborn by Kenneth Oppel. A lot of people haven't read this one. I don't know if it would be such a hidden one if this cover was the one that you see in stores, but, sadly that isn't the case. Or maybe people have read it, but didn't like it as much as I did?

Important Moment in your Reading Life: Recently? Reading The Scorpio Races. Ever? Deciding to read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on my own after my family finished it, when I was in the first grade or so. I read before that, but it cemented me as a reader.

Just Finished: *laughs guiltily* nothing... Okay. I finished Blue Lily, Lily Blue again. I'm in a rereading phase.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read: Anything pitched as a "gritty contemporary novel" or such. I've tried it. I don't like it. I tend to be an escapist when I read, and I don't really enjoy reading about people's real-world lives.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3)
I think that would have to go to Lord of the Rings. On top of being over a thousand pages long, the writing is a little more intricate that I typically read.

Major book hangover because of: I don't usually get book hangovers. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare and Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan were both draining for me to read, though, since I was pretty invested in them... end of a trilogy, lots of emotions sort of thing.

Number of Bookcases You Own: Three in my room, but I'm lucky enough to live in a house full of books...

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: I re-read almost obsessively. I don't often buy something that I don't think will get more than one read-through. I reread The Scorpio Races obsessively.

Preferred Place To Read: Anywhere. Chairs, buses, before bed, at lunch (the only time that I get solid reading time during my school day is while I attempt eat my food one-handed). Probably a comfortable chair.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read: This one is always super hard for me. There are a lot of quotes that I find myself thinking of for no apparent reason... One of my favourite passages is the entire description of Gansey's journal in The Raven Boys. It's a very tactile description, and yet sort of... whimsical... maybe, at the same time.

Reading Regret: That I didn't go to the Toronto International Book Fair this year. This isn't really a huge regret, but I just didn't have the time or energy, I had a lot of labs and what not. I'm hopefully going next year though

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series): I have yet to read the last book in the His Fair Assassin trilogy, I'm waiting on Mortal Heart. I'm also waiting for The Retribution of Mara Dyer, to finish the Mara Dyer trilogy.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Not an easy question... at the moment?
1. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
2. Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer
3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Unapologetic Fangirl For: So many books. I've mentioned The Scorpio Races about 18 time in this survey, so that. I adore the whole Artemis Fowl series (at one time, most of my decision as to whether or to go on a trip was contingent on whether or not I could get the last book in eBook- I could, so I went, and spent about a day locked in a hotel room in Belize to read it). As mentioned, I have a weird relationship with The Infernal Devices and the Shadowhunter universe...

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others: Right now? The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski. (Though there's an untitled book by Sarah Biggs Walter coming out in 2016 that I'm really looking forward to as well at the moment).

Worst Bookish Habit: I've had friends scold me because I open books too wide (ie I crack the spine), I think I'm a little rougher on my books than some people, they tend to look a little lived in after I've read them a couple of times.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: The Magician by Michael Scott (Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel book #2). These books have marvelous covers, especially the last few.

Your latest book purchase: Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater and Talon by Julie Kagawa.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): Many, many. Blue Lily, Lily Blue made me stay up later than was wise when I had to get up at 5:30 to catch the bus for classes the next morning. (Who has no self control? Me. The answer is me.)

No comments :

Post a Comment