Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Top Ten Books I Enjoyed with Less than 2 000 Ratings on Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.



1. Paradise Lot by Eric Toensmeier and  (653 ratings)

2. The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle (664 ratings)

3. Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton (769 ratings)

4. Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin (1 015 ratings)

5. The Swan Riders by Erin Bow (1 068 ratings)


6. Passing Strange by Ellen Klages (1 317 ratings)

7. Lone Survivors by Chris Stringer (1 357 ratings)

8. Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzi Lee (1 562 ratings)

9. At Water's Edge by Carl Zimmer (1 758 ratings)

10. Aerie by Maria Dhavanna Headley (1 867 rating)

13 comments :

  1. I liked Lone Survivors, too. It made me wonder what Earth would be like if humans weren't the only hominids.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about that a lot... humans really are in an interesting position, being the only ones left of the genus, especially when there were at least a couple other possibilities not that long ago (especially in geological time...)

      Delete
  2. I like your review of Ayesha at Last and Aerie. I would definitely check Ayesha at Last.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my reviews! Ayesha at Last is being published outside Canada soon, I think? (Or it might be out now, but I think there's a bit of time yet...)

      Delete
  3. All new to me books in your TTT post this week!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2019/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-loved-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like a lot of us won't have much overlap this week! Lesser known books and all that...

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what an amazing cover on Passing Strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's stunning! It's part of why I picked up initially.

      Delete
  6. I've read the Swan Riders! that series is so odd but also addictive. 😂I also have Strange Grace on my TBR and I'm monstrously intrigued by it...I've heard it's fantastic from several people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is odd. Both The Scorpion Rules and The Swan Riders both surprised be how intensely drawn in I was toward the end. Strange Grace is actually... a similar kind of strangely compelling, despite being a very different story.

      Delete
  7. I am eagerly awaiting the US release of Ayesha at Last. I am so excited to finally read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Because I'm looking forward to hearing what American folks think! I feel like there's such a small group of readers right now...

      Delete