Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Dead and Buried Review

The Dead and BuriedTitle: The Dead and Buried
Author: Kim Harrington
Genre: Paranormal

Why I Read It: Because I'm un-brilliant. Or possibly because I keep looking for a book that will make me like the paranormal genre. (By the way, aliens are not paranormal. Aliens are science fiction.)

A Quick Intro: Jade has just moved into a haunted house. The clues start showing up when her younger half-brother starts seeing a glimmering girl who can't talk in his room. She soon finds out that the daughter of the house's previous owners was killed in an accident which may or may not have actually been an accident, but which ended in her falling down the stairs to her death. And now the ghost girl, Kayla, is threatening to hurt Jade's family if Jade can't find out who killed her. Everyone seems to have secrets and so everyone is a suspect- the dead girl's friends, boyfriend and enemies.

What I Thought: Sorry. Not really my thing. I didn't really like the heroine, or the love interest or particularly care about the plot. I didn't feel passionate hatred or anything, I just didn't really like it. The characters bothered me most of all I think. I just found them irksome (but then, I can be very picky sometimes).

Fun Fact: You're kidding, more paranormal facts. Ugh. Oh- I know. I'll just talk about rocks, since Jade wears a different pendant for different purposes. The hardness of rocks is measured on Moh's scale of hardness, on which talc is a 1 and diamond is 10.

No comments :

Post a Comment