Monday, January 26, 2015

Statistics Survey

Statistics Survey 2014
This survey is hosted over at The Book Addict's Guide. The survey can be found here. I kept meaning to do it... so I've gotten there now.
123232132
  1. Number of books under 250 pages (not including novellas): Zero. The only book that would qualify was actually one that I listened to, so I suppose that counts?
  2. Number of books read between 400-449 pages: 13
  3. Number of books read between 450-499 pages: 1
  4. Number of books read over 500 pages: 3
  5. Number of books read over 1000 pages: 0
  6. Number of novellas read: Zero
  7. Number of books that made you cry: Good question. One?
  8. Number of books from a female POV: (single narrator/ narrative focus): 28
  9. Number of books from a male POV: (single narrator/ narrative focus): 3
  10. Number of alternating or multiple POVs: 18
  11. Number of DNFs (did not finish): 18
  12. Number of five star reads: 2
  13. Number of one/two star reads: 13
  14. Number of authors met in 2014: 46
  15. Number of book events attended in 2014: 0
  16. Number of books you read in one day: 1
  17. Number of audiobooks: I've only just started keeping track of those, probably five or six.
  18. Number of 2015 books you have on pre-order: 0. 
  19. Number of re-reads: Countless (again, I've only just started keeping track.)
2324651324
  1. Book with the highest rating on Goodreads: (average rating, I assume) Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas.
  2. Book with the lowest rating on Goodreads: Twinmaker by Sean Williams
  3. Book read furthest away from home (vacation reads?): I reread The Scorpio Races while visiting a friend in Wales. Both the book and the audiobook (the audiobook is wonderful).
  4. Book that took you the longest to read: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, I think.
  5. Book that you personally connected with the most: New read? Hmm... maybe Blue Lily, Lily Blue
  6. Book that made you love the villain: I'm more of a hero person... I've always found the Darlking from the Grisha trilogy (Ruin and Rising came out last year) to be a compelling villain... but I wouldn't say I like him.
  7. Book you said you’d come back to but still haven’t picked up again: Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas.
  8. Book you read waaaay before it’s publication date: Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong.
  9. Book you read on your birthday: Shadows by Paula Weston
  10. Book with a character who shares your name: I can't remember any Kellys as first names (Kelly can be both a female and male, as well as a last name, I think there was a last name this year).
  11. Book you weren’t entirely truthful about when rating (Fluff up any ratings? Rated even though you didn’t finish?): I don't think so? I dither a lot on the rating of City of Heavenly Fire, though. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I do worry that some of my ratings were skewed by my mood at the time, too. Or whether or not I reviewed right after vs. after a day or so cooling off period.
  12. Book you read in 2014 but already want to re-read: I'm a compulsive rereader, but right now Blue Lily, Lily Blue. A friend has my copy. 
  13. Book you borrowed from a friend a long time ago and still have: None! I triumphantly returned Tears, Toes, and Other Things That Make Us Human and a couple of other books to someone this year, after having it for ages, though.
  14. Book by a foreign author/originally published in another country: Shadows by Paula Weston immediately comes to mind.
  15. Book you which you could go back and read for the first time again: Cruel Beauty, because I wonder if I was in a bad mood when I read it. People seemed to love it, but I was pretty neutral...
  16. Most books read by one author this year: Nothing dominant. A lot of authors that I've read two books from. 
Stat Survey This and That
  1. Happiest & saddest: This is a challenging question... as in what is subjectively the saddest, or what is objectively the saddest? Because sometimes weird things make me happy/sad.
  2. Longest & shortest: City of Heavenly Fire & The Job
  3. Best & worst: The Winner's Curse & Landry Park (or The Ring and the Crown, it was a toss-up)
  4. First & last reads of 2014: The Naturals & The Islands at the End of the World
  5. First & last books on your bookcase (1st book on the top left and last book on the bottom right): Artemis Fowl & The Lord of the Rings Sketchbook (by Alan Lee)
  6. The most disappointing & the biggest pleasant surprise: The Blood of Olympus & Killer Instinct
  7. Bandwagon/fandom you joined & one you abandoned: does A Thousand Pieces of You have a fandom? &  I may be in the process of bandwagon leaping off of the Throne of Glass books.
  8. Most lenient & harshest ratings:  Hmm...  Tei(probably?) & The Ring and the Crown 
  9. Most hyped & furthest under the radar that you read: A Thousand Pieces of You & Rivals in the City (maybe... what is under the radar? It hasn't been published in North America yet, but I bough the UK edition).
Stat Survey Grab Bag
    Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
  1. Book you read that is red: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge, it has such a lovely cover.
  2. Book you read that starts with M: Does A Mad, Wicked Folly count? Its as close as I've got right now.
  3. Book you read that you may have hugged when you finished it: Unmade (it was on my kindle app on my laptop, so I don't think so)? Or The Winner's Curse
  4. Book you read that you may have wanted to throw across a room: Landry Park, probably. I'm still sort of surprised that I finished it because it was so frustrating to read.
  5. Book that has the letters Q, X, or Z in the title (bonus for one of the words in the title beginning with those!): Lola and the Boy Next Door.
  6. Book that suffered some damage this year (food? water? ripped pages/cover? Ouch!): My copy of Ink suffered ripping, tearing, staining and water damage at the hands of my sister's backpack. (I'm not always gentle to my books, but I'm also not that rough on them, suffice to say I was not thrilled with this development).
  7. Food you craved while/after reading a certain book: Nothing that comes to mind.
  8. First book you read in 2015: Winterspell
  9. Number of books read that end with a 6 in the page count: 4
Stat Survey Blogging Life

    1. Number of posts in 2014: 95
    2. Number of reviews posted this year: 25
    3. First post of 2014: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014
    4. First review of 2014: For Darkness Shows the Stars (carry-over review from my 2013 reads)
    5. Last post of 2014:  Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 (hey, symmetry) 
    6. Last review of 2014: The Young Elites
    7. Least coherent review: 
    8. Review with the most views (regardless of post date): Rites of Passage
    9. Post with the most comments: Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For
    10. Post you wish you could re-write: Most of the reviews, to be honest.
    11. Most popular post this year (that was posted in 2014): Bout of Books 11: Day 5

No comments :

Post a Comment