Monday, March 2, 2015

February Wrap-Up

February was a month of unfinished books in a lot of ways. This month in books:
  • I'm working my way though The Silmarillion, it is a different reading experience from most of what I've read before, different even from the other Tolkien that I have read. I've got a running commentary going on my tumblr...
  • Toads and Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson
  • The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson (I did a mini-review for this, but I'm tempted to talk more about it)
  • Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee
  • I also reread Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst for the Re-Read Challenge
Audiobooks:
  • These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
  • This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Remember the office floor from my January haul? You get to see it again! The lighting is slightly better this time around, because I planned a bit better and photographed during the day.
I said that I didn't usually purchase enough books to do a haul in January, and this is still an abnormal number of books for me to purchase. It was a Book Outlet order, actually, and consists of a lot of books I've wanted to read, or have already read and wanted to buy, for a while now:
  • A Confusion of Princes by Garth Nix: I've borrowed it from the library a lot, and I've started it before, but it had to be returned. I did enjoy the start, though, so I'm taking a gamble that I'll like this
  • A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sarah Biggs Waller: Surprisingly, I didn't already have one of my favourite debuts from last year. I like the hardcover better than the paperback, though, so I jumped when I found it on Book Outlet.
  • The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson: It sounded like fun. 
  • For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund: I read and loved this in 2013, and I was just waiting for the paper back of Across a Star-Swept Sea to purchase them... then I forgot to until now.
  • Evolution, Me and Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande: This was one of the first YA novels I ever read *reminisces* wow, that was a while ago...
  • Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick: I've heard excellent things about this, and I tend to enjoy Printz-award books.
  • Charm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn
  • Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff: Steampunk Japan caught my interest. 

No comments :

Post a Comment