Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Top Ten Rereads I Revert to When in a Reading Slump


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.



In a way, I have never really been in a reading slump, but in another way, I am usually in a reading slump. Because I reread CONSTANTLY. Not always the whole book but at least part of it.


1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: I don't usually reread ALL of the series but. Bits and pieces.

2. The Matt Cruse trilogy by Kenneth Oppel: These are kind of comfort reads to me, and are naturally something I fall back on when I'm not really in a particular reading mood.

3. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: as of now it's a standalone and it's wonderfully compelling, so it's a good between-new-books read.

4. Fire by Kristen Cashore: Graceling may have been a formative experience but Fire is a read I fall back on a lot. Currently a friend has my copy and I'm a little bit bereft.

5. The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison: This current moment is one of the first times since reading the book for the first time that I'm not in the process of a reread.


6. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: specifically the audiobook of The Raven Boys, which I actually own a copy of, rendering it one of my fall-back audiobooks

7. In Other Lands by Sarah Rees Brennan: I keep catching myself pulling this one off the shelf just whenever.

8. The Winner's trilogy by Marie Rutkoski: Okay so I don't generally pick up The Winner's Crime because the FRUSTRATION IS REAL but still. (It isn't that I neccesarily think Crime is a bad book it's just... it is intended to be frustrating, I think, and it succeeds.)

9. Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo: if I am ready to get TOTALLY PULLED IN to a reread, I'll pick these up because I know I'll wind up accidentally rereading the whole duology.

10. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee: another one that I just find myself picking up and skimming from time to time.

18 comments :

  1. Naturally my eye was drawn to SIX OF CROWS but I love that CINDER and THE WINNER'S CURSE made your list as well. They were all amazing reads. Great list!!

    Amber ♥ The Book Bratz
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh naturally. The thing about Six of Crows is that it is a COMMITMENT like if I pick it up I am rereading most, if not all, of the duology. (Other books I read a chapter or passage from more often...)

      Delete
  2. Ooh the Oppel book looks awesome! Love that cover. The gentleman's Guide sound great too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when they released the Airborn and the rest of the trilogy with these covers, you have no idea. After a decade of cycling through a number of never matching, often visually displeasing covers, the 10th anniversary editions finally match! And are beautiful and so well suited to the books!

      Delete
  3. I still haven't read Six of Crows (but really want to) nor have I read the Lunar books (despite many recommendations!). Here's hoping I cross those off my TBR soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the never-ending TBR. This week has been intense for reminding me how many books on my TBR list I just... haven't read for reasons known or unknown.

      Delete
  4. Rereads definitely help to get you out of a slump! Fab list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my penchant for rereading is part of why I haven't been in many big reading slumps... I do go through phases where I JUST reread for weeks on end though...

      Delete
  5. Six of Crows, The Raven Boys and The Lunar Chronicles are all amazing series!
    My TTT: https://thebookdutchesses.com/2018/08/21/ttt-41-books-to-pull-you-out-of-a-reading-slump/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great books here!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/08/21/top-ten-tuesday-173/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost every book on your list I'm dying to read! LOL! Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in for a treat if/when you get to them!

      Delete
  8. I"m with you with Six of Crows. If I want to be completely invested in a reread, Six of Crows is what I'll be reaching for. I want to try Coldest Girl because of how much I enjoyed The Cruel Prince.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coldest Girl is definitely in my top two Holly Black books (right now I think it's my favourite but... I go back and forth) the atmosphere and world are really interesting! I hope you get a chance to read it soon!

      Delete
  9. Rereading gets me out of a slump. Gentleman’s Guide is one that I want to reread. That book is too much fun.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gentleman's Guide is really wonderful, wasn't it? I'm really looking forward to Lady's Guide!

      Delete