Friday, January 18, 2013

Quarentine Review

Quarantine: The Loners (Quarantine, #1)Title: Quarantine: The Loners
Author: Lex Thomas
Series: Quarantine
Volume: 1

Why I Read It: Hmm... apocolyptic-ish. It was an experiment.

A Quick Intro: High school is pretty tough for David. After losing his mother in a car accident, his life sort of fell apart, and he really isn't looking into forward to going back. And when he does go back, the school is put under quarantine, following the outbreak of a disease that kills any adult. Now it's been almost a year, and what were cliques have now become almost tribes. School is a vicious place, especially if, like David and his brother Will, you don't have a group.

What I Thought: This is one of the more brutal books that I've read this year (so far), and the first written more from a teenage boy's perspective- which I always find hit an miss. This one was more of a miss. I genuinely didn't like the characters very much. I found the girls to be more objects than people- very two dimensional, and the boys in the story also seemed sort of superficial to me. Though I guess teenagers sometimes are. I guess I just didn't really feel the characters' journeys , and often disliked them. I don't think that it was that the book was necessarily bad, it just really wasn't my style.

No comments :

Post a Comment