Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June Wrap-Up

Read

  • Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley 
  • The Martian by Andy Wier
  • From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion
  • Compulsion by Martina Boone
  • Rook by Sharon Cameron
  • Cutlass by Ashley Nixon
  • Every Word by Elizabeth Marney
  • End of Days by Susan Ee
  • The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
  • The Bitter Kindgom by Rae Carson
  • The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

Acquired


From Chronicle Books, Armchair BEA prize pack (thank you!):
  • A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz: I'm picky about my fairies, but I'm hoping to like this one.
  • House Arrest by K. A. Holt: Contemporary middle grade, written in verse from the looks of it, which is off the beaten path for me.
  • The Chess Queen Enigma by Kathleen Gleason: I still have to read The Spiritglass Charade, but I'm planning on reading them back-to-back soon.

Purchased:
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Omnibus Volumes 22-23-24 by Himoru Arakawa: I was unsure about my decision to purchase the 3-in-1 at first, but it was much more affordable than buying the individual volumes.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Omnibus Volumes 25-26-27 by Himoru Arakawa: And now I finally have the whole manga. I can do a reread!
  • Arthur Spiderwick's Guide to the Fantastical World Around You by Holly Black and Tony diTerlizzi: I got super excited when I found this on Book Outlet! Its a gorgeous book (you're probably sick of me saying this by now, but I love Tony diTerlizzi's artwork).
  • Jackaby by William Ritter: I have a soft spot for paranormal historical fantasy. Especially if there are detectives.
  • Compulsion by Martina Boone: Another Book Outlet purchase. I quite enjoyed the atmosphere of this one.
  • In the After by Demitria Lunetta: I liked the sound of this (Book Outlet again), I've been considering reading it for about a year, and I'm looking forward to starting it the next time I'm in a post-apocalyptic mood.


No comments :

Post a Comment