Monday, September 14, 2015

The Unofficial Hiatus Becomes Official and Other News

I'm taking a break for a bit... at least for the rest of this week. (I know I've been off for a bit already, so I'm retroactively declaring a hiatus. Because that makes sense.)

I've just started another year of school, which is wonderful, but throws my scheduling for a bit of a loop. I'm doing my best to get that all worked out. I'm hoping I'll be able to get everything in order as soon as possible. I'm also in a new house, so I'm finding a balance with my housemates and getting used to that schedule and whatnot too. ("When is garbage day?" "Where are the green bin liners?" "Do we have a potato masher?")

I feel like the appendicitis kind of jolted me out of my rhythm for a lot of things, both reading and blogging. I didn't really notice it in a "this is a huge thing, I can't do this" but I've just weirdly felt like I'm really... I don't know... behind on everything since then, even now that I'm fairly caught up. It causes this strange sort of pressure, and I'm hoping to reset my system a little by giving myself a week to feel like it isn't hanging over me. Not sure how that'll work, but nothing else has, so I'm giving it a try.

The third things that's thrown my schedule for a loop is a happier thing. I'm now blogging at Paper Boulevard as well! I'm super excited about this, and I really enjoyed reviewing in a slightly different style- its a nice change of pace.

"But, Kelly," you say, "you said there's too many things on your schedule, so your solution was... to add more things?" Hush. I know. But this is such a different experience from blogging here, I don't know... it just is.

So I don't want to say that I'm taking a break indefinitely, because I don't like it when people, especially people who are me, do that. But, I am going to say that I will check back in a week, and hopefully be in a more blogtastic (totally a word) frame of mind.

Is anyone else in a weird slump right now? Is it just me?

No comments :

Post a Comment