Saturday, January 23, 2016

Blogademics


I'm hesitant to call this a new "feature" on this blog, per say, but "Blogademics" is now going to be the title of a series of mini-essays I'm writing about my experience as a student, as a blogger, and a student blogger. (I just really like making up words, okay?)

These are born mainly from me thinking a lot about how I blog- my process is ever-evolving, but there are common threads. By and large, this will be a mini-essay collection about juggling blogging with school, and all the weird ways in which they have and do overlap in my life. I did say I'd talk more about my life this year, right? (Look at me, attempting to implement a New Year's resolution!)

I love being in school, now that I'm not in high school (your time in high school will really only be the best years of your life if you do the rest of your life wrong). I've been in school for over 80% of my life and I've internalised some pretty weird thought paths. Conventional education really does train you to think a certain way, to do things a certain way, to follow a certain path in a certain way. Blogging isn't like that. It also isn't not like that. And these posts are my chance to muse on that.

You can expect:
  • discussions about reading, blogging, and transferable skills
  • panic about grad school applications
  • amusing rants about high school English (at least, I hope they'll be amusing)
  • complaining about deadlines
  • probably mentions of my favourite blogs/ bloggers
  • undoubtedly double negatives
I'm super excited to launch this featurette/ essay series/ quest/ thing! I've never really done something like this before, so it'll be an adventure. I hope you'll have as much fun reading these as I do writing them!

2 comments :

  1. Ooh this sounds like a fun feature, Kelly! WOOT for starting up new things (and talking about one's life...hehe, I'm still not brave enough to do that often. XD) Can't wait to read what you come up with!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really kind of weird for me to try talking about something that isn't books on this blog... I've been blogging for a long time now, but none of the blogs I've written for have really mentioned much about me as a person, if that makes sense? So it'll be interesting, hopefully.

      Delete