Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Top Ten Books I'd Love To See As Movies/TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature created at The Broke and The Bookish.

An abridged list of books I would love to see on screen, in no particular order.

1. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski: TV show, of course. I have a very vivid mental image, though, so I imagine I would probably be disappointed at least once. I love the political aspect though, and I would love to see that, and the action.

2. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: TV show again. Books are often better suited to television shows than film. I would probably watch this religiously, but get offended if they changed ANYTHING. And I'm not usually like that.

3. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley: Movie for sure. Animated movie. More on that in my review, when it goes live, because I want to talk everyone's ears off about it.

4. Artemis Fowl: Movie, probably. Its the kind of compressed timeline that would be nice, and I think it would make a wonderful movie if done right.

5. Airborn by Kenneth Oppel: Movie or TV show. Airships, people, airships. Also newly discovered animals and crash landing on uncharted islands.

6. Dark Life by Kat Falls: Movie. Its mostly underwater, which is a very interesting pallet visually speaking, and I think it would be a great movie, lots of action.

7. Nation by Terry Pratchett: I think it would make a beautiful movie, possible an animated one.

8. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: There was movie news a while ago, but I'm not sure if that will end up happening.

9. The Lynburn Legacy by Sarah Rees Brennan: TV series. I'm not sure how this would work, but I still hope it would. I think it would be fun, though there might need to be some adaptation and possibly plot changes.

10. A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sarah Biggs Waller: Movie, probably. I picture if with a lot of bright colours on account of the artistic side. (Probably fairly historically accurate, but maybe a little more vibrant and visually beautiful.)

10 comments :

  1. I thought about putting The Raven Cycle on my list, but I realized that I wouldn't want anything to do with a movie or TV show if it stepped even a fraction of an inch from the books.... I just love them too much! Unless they brought Stiefvater on board, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually fairly flexible with some modifications, but I think it would really bother me in this case. Everything that happens, and everything that's there, feels like it really needs to be there. I would worry about the atmosphere as well- it has such a distinct feeling, which I would really miss if it was missing from the TV show or movie.

      Delete
  2. I had Raven Cycle and Artemis Fowl on my list. I'd also like to see The Scorpio Races on screen as I think I'd enjoy it more as a movie than I did as a book.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore The Scorpio Races in book form, so I'm naturally a little nervous about the possibility of a movie, but also hopeful. I don't know if Artemis Fowl is ever going to happen, but I think I would be pretty thrilled if it was done well.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I agree 100% on The Scorpio Races and A Mad, Wicked Folly! Those would both make fantastic movies and so visually interesting. I also think the Raven Cycle could be a really cool tv show (if done completely right, of course) and I can't wait to read Magonia to imagine it as an animated movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of me would want A Mad, Wicked Folly to be 100% accurate... the other half would want to play with the colour schemes to make it more visually interesting (lots of colour). I'm usually pretty forgiving of changes for book-to-screen adaptations, but for the Raven Cycle, I think it would bother me a lot. Let me know what you think of Magonia!

      Delete
  4. All of Maggie Stiefvater's works have been optioned for movies but none of it has actually happened yet :/ Such a shame

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hope that one day we'll see at least one on screen. My hope right now is that The Raven Cycle would have a TV show, rather than a movie, the pacing seems better suited to a television series.

      Delete
  5. I think I would like Magonia FAR better as a movie than as I book. I just couldn't get the bird people stuff pictured in my head, so the whole thing turned messy for me. And definitely yes to TWC! That would be epic!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had a very specific visualisation of the bird people and the flying ship, and it ended up being one that I would love to see animated. The Winner's Curse made a lot of lists this week, it was a popular choice, and I think it would be great on screen of done well.

      Delete