Friday, June 5, 2015

Re-read Challenge: May Re-reads

WHEN I First Read
I read Shadow and Bone in February of 2013, Siege and Storm in July of 2013, and  Ruin and Rising when it came out.

WHAT I Remember
I remembered a lot of the broader details, but not the finer points of the story. 

WHY I Wanted to Re-Read
There was a read-a-long, and I figured, why not, especially with Six of Crows coming out later this year.

HOW I Felt After Re-Reading
I still really like this trilogy. These books are enjoyable in no small part because of the cast. Alina isn't always likable, but she is always understandable- I see where her choices come from, even if I don't agree with them, and she goes through an interesting arc over the course of the trilogy. It was interesting seeing all the foreshadowing that Leigh Bardugo slipped in, now that I knew where the story was going. Overall, I still really enjoyed reading this, and I'm definitely looking forward to revisiting this world when Six of Crows is released. Here are a few more of my thoughts from the re-read on Tumblr.

WOULD I Re-Read Again
Definitely. I'm collected the paperbacks, I'm just waiting for Ruin and Rising to come out.

No comments :

Post a Comment