Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature created at The Broke and The Bookish. Look at these covers, too!


1. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: This flew under my radar until about a month ago, and it sounds FANTASTIC. Its a sci-fi. A space sci-fi. A space sci-fi made of found documents. That sort of thing is exactly to my taste, so I'm quite excited.

2. Winter by Marissa Meyer: It has been a long wait for this one, and I'm really looking forward to finishing up the Lunar Chronicles.

3. A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis: The synopsis is intriguing and I love the cover. I'm hit and miss with photo-covers, but this is lovely.

4. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I just finished a reread of the Grisha trilogy, and now I'm really looking forward to getting back to this world.

5. Soundless by Richelle Mead: I've read Richelle Mead's books before, but this is the first one with a synopsis that really caught my interest.


6. Slasher Girls and Monster Boys editted by April Genevieve Tucholke: Creepy short stories, need I say more?

7. The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow: I read Sorrow's Knot, and really liked it a while ago, and the synopsis sounds action-packed.

8. Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George: I find Jessica Day George's books really light, enjoyable fantasy reads.

9. Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson: This sounds like a unique historical fantasy, and I'm looking forward to see where this story goes.

10. Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Grey: I read A Thousand Pieces of You last year, and I'm curious what Grey plans to do with the this world next.

18 comments :

  1. Great picks! :) I'm definitely on board with Six of Crows, Illuminae, Soundless, Winter, and Silver in the blood. I had the chance to read A Madness So Discreet and it was really beautifully written and captivating from the first to last page. I'm the same with photo-covers but AMSD's cover is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to hear that you liked AMSD! Its one of my favourite photo-covers... I love the atmosphere, and the colours (great balance of warm and cool). We've got a lot of great titles to look forward to this year.

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited about Soundless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the first Richelle Mead novel with a synopsis that has really grabbed my attention, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

      Delete
  3. Great list! I"m super pumped for Illuminae. Everyone seems to be getting the hardcover ARC version and it's so pretty!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its unusual for an ARC to be as well designed as Illuminae's BEA ARC. I'm hoping that they'll keep the design for the finished copy, since its fantastic.

      Delete
  4. Wow, we really do have lots of books in common this week! I think these are going to be such great ones. (Also, I can't believe I forgot Winter! I actually edited my post to add it because, uh, it's WINTER). I'm also excited for Slasher Boys and Monster Girls as well! I don't usually read short story collections but with that group of authors, I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same with the short stories (I think they're growing on me, though), but what a cast! I'm getting kind of impatient for Winter, now that its starting to feel kind of close, I'm really looking forward to seeing how it ends. Marissa Meyer just announces a short story collection for The Lunar Chronicles, as well.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous list, Kelly! I read so much contemporary but I need to take note of some of these amazing looking fantasy books. Walk on Earth a Stranger, Soundless and Winter are a few I'm planning to read. Looks like a great rest of 2015 for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite- I'm not much of a contemporary reader (any recommendation are would be appreciated there). There are a lot of amazing fantasy titles coming out in the next six months, so hopefully it'll be an exciting rest of 2015!

      Delete
  6. WINTER is my most anticipated of the year, I can't wait to FINALLY see how this series wraps up (but it'll be sad to say goodbye...good thing Marissa Meyer is releasing some new short stories). I've had A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU on my TBR for a long time...now that the second one is coming out, I think I need to pick this series up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dd wonder if we would be getting a short story collections, and I was glad when Marissa Meyer posted it on Twitter, it'll be nice to have little more of that world after Winter (so excited for Winter!). I quite liked A Thousand Pieces of You (and that cover... wow).

      Delete
  7. So many great books!! I can't wait for Winter!! I just read Scarlet and am after ordering Cress so I should be ready to go when it releases :D Also A Madness So Discreet is on my wishlist too. Have you read her other book Not A Drop To Drink?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Not A Drop To Drink, though I've heard amazing things... its the kind of post-apocalyptic novel I think I really have to be in the mood for in order to read. I'm looking forward to reading it eventually, though!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful covers for sure. :)
    I've got Soundless on my list too. And I've got eARCs for 'A Madness So Discreet' & 'Walk on Earth a Stranger ' so I didn't add them to the list, since I don't have to wait. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover... but I am a cover-judge of massive proportions. (Also AMSD and WoEaS in eARC? Which are you planning on reading first?)

      Delete
  9. Ahhh!! So many good books coming out! I just really looked into The Scorpion Rules and have now decided it is a must read. Added it to my TBR pile. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a lot of amazing sounding titles to look forward to in the rest of the year. my TBR pile is a bit of a monster for the next few months!

      Delete