Sunday, August 4, 2013

Harry Potter Re-read: Day 5

I've gotten really behind. I'm only at Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. *Crawls into a corner in shame*. I've basically been really distracted this week, so I might have to expanded it a week, seeing as I am apparently incapable of doing what came easily when I was fourteen.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)
This is the version that I have of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I got this one second hand the summer after my family finished the first one (we read one each summer- we were caught up by the fifth book and then there was a very fun waiting game).  It still has the price from the second-hand shop where we picked it up penciled in on one of the first pages.















You know that car pretty much never gets mentioned again following this book. I suppose we can assume it is still running wild in the forest? 

In other news, I want the Hogwarts library. I mean, really. It just sounds incredible-like you could find anything in there if you looked hard enough. And all of those big old books. I just find that really, really attractive. They complain about going to the library and I can't see myself doing that. I would go there and just pour over random books in my spare time. The thought of it just makes me happy for some reason. More on that later.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
And here is my version of  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I mean, mine is a lot more destroyed than this. It's been through a lot. It was one of the first books I bought on my own, too. 
Here at home we have a ramshackle collection. None of the covers match, if you're seeing a pattern. Their a bit of a mess. And I love them. We even have the pieces of the Philosopher's Stone book that fell apart after an unfortunate several months at the bottom of a book bag.

No comments :

Post a Comment