Sunday, February 1, 2015

January Wrap-Up

The month in books:
January was quite a good reading month for me. I've been listening to audiobooks more and more recently. This month I listened to two new ones.
Audiobooks:
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (I read the book when it came out, but I like the really enjoy the audiobooks for this series, too).
  • Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
January book haul featuring the office floor and terrible lighting because it is 7 pm in Canada and thus there is no natural lighting whatsoever.
I don't usually have enough books to do a haul on, but here's my January mess. I didn't actually get purchase most of them in January, but they came in January, so that counts. Most of them are from the Book Outlet (they had a boxing day sale, and most of these were books that I've had my eye on for a while).

Book Outlet:
  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer (the hardcover was about $3.00, and I've wanted to get a hardcover of this for a while now)
  • Death Sworn by Leah Cypress
  • Toads and Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson
  • Nation by Terry Pratchett  (the hardcover, this time for a non-ridiculous reason: I find the trade paperback very uncomfortable to read)
  • The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahney 
  • Thumbs, Toes and Tears by Chip Walter
  • Blonde Ops by Charlotte Bennardo and Natalie Zaman
  • Still Star-Crossed by Melinda Taub
  • Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (I'm getting them in paperback, since I really enjoyed them when I borrowed them from the library)
  • Survival of the Beautiful: Art, Science and Evolution by David Rothenberg
Chapters:
  • Fairest by Marissa Meyer (I got it 40% off... it was on sale for some reason, not that I'm complaining)
  • Spiderwick: The Completely Fantastical Edition by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi: this is a beautiful bind-up, it has sketches in the back
  • The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
So, probably don't expect a book haul with next month's wrap up (we'll see), because I rarely anywhere near this many books in a month.

No comments :

Post a Comment