Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Ten Books You Recently Added To Your To-Be-Read List

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature created at The Broke and The Bookish.

As in the absolute most recently added? Okay, we'll go with that, vaguely. I'll do a list of the ten most recent fiction adds, not punctuated by all of my nonfiction books.

Fiction


1. Blue Birds by Caroline Starr Rose: Language barrier friendships. Need I say more?

2. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier: I think I stumbled across the sequel?

3. Shades of Milk and Honey by Marie Robinette Kowal: I've had this on my mental TBR for a while, but I only put it on a physical list recently.

4. Soundless by Richelle Mead: it has a cover now, which is a lot better looking than Richelle Mead's other YA covers. That aside, it sounds like it should be an interesting read and I'm curious how it will be told.

5. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: I've mentioned that I love stories where storytelling plays a role, and I'm hoping this will have that (the story its based on does).

6. The Cloak Society by Jeremy Kraatz: I don't actually remember why I added this one.

7. The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall: I think I wanted to request this from the library...

8.  An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: I saw this on Netgalley a while ago, but it isn't available for request where I live. Its being really hyped right now, with its release fast approaching.

9. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: This actually came in at the library a few days ago, though I've yet to start it.

10. Monstress by Marjorie M. Liu and Sana Takeda: This is actually a graphic novel, and it looks lovely.

4 comments :

  1. Oooo yes I love the cover of Soundless! Great list.

    My T10T: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-recently.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the first cover for a Richelle Mead book that I've actually not minded. (Its also the first synopsis for a Richelle Mead book that's really grabbed me.) So I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  2. I so agree with you about the cover. I find this one absolutely gorgeous, whereas I haven't really liked many of her others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been a huge fan of photographs on covers (with a few exceptions), but this one is much better formatted than the other Richelle Mead books that I've seen.

      Delete