Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Ten Books You'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card


Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly feature created at The Broke and The Bookish.

These sorts of questions are always a bit odd for me because I don't have that many books that I would only buy if I had a gift card... but at the same time I have a lot of books I have vague plans to purchase at some point in my life. So I kind of have both to few and too many options.

1. The Complete History of Middle Earth box set: I'm slowly working my way though a library copy of The Lost Tales right now... I'd love to eventually invested in the complete collection.

2. Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley: I keep meaning to get the paperback, but I just somehow haven't done yet. Its definitely something that's been hanging out on my wishlist.

3. Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund: Another one that I mean to acquire eventually... I have the first book and I was initially just waiting the paperback to come out and then I just... didn't?

4. The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling: My family's copies are rather battered, and there's one set of covers that I'd love to eventually get my hands on.

5. Harry Potter companion books (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard) by J.K. Rowling: I read these a long time ago but never got copies of my own.

6. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley: Again, I really enjoyed this one, and I'd love to have my own copy someday.

7. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: I read this in ebook about five years ago and was really surprised by how much I liked it.

8. Ink and Bone and Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine: I'm currently planning to eventually get this series in paperback when it finishes, but I think I'd probably buy the hardcovers, because they're lovely, especially for Paper and Fire.

9. I'd probably buy a hardcover of The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I love my paperback, don't get me wrong, but I kind of want it in hardcover eventually. (Much like I'd love to eventually get the first three books of Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott in hardcover).

10. My own copy of The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer. This is my favourite Eoin Colfer book after the Artemis Fowl series, and I keep meaning to get a copy for myself. I'm not huge on the new cover, though, so I might have to find a way to acquire the old one.

14 comments :

  1. I love your list. I surely hope you get your own copy of Pride and Prejudice and The Scorpio Races. I love them both.

    I was thinking about way more expensive books. Check out my silly list. My TTT shopping list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the most expensive thing on this list is The Complete History of Middle Earth? The edition I have my eye on goes for about $200 for three huge hardcovers... (One day... one day...)

      Delete
  2. Buy yourself a gorgeous edition of Pride & P when the time comes - there are some beautiful cloth-bound editions out there!

    Here's my TT - https://booksaremyfavouriteandbest.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/i-want/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of the reason I still don't have a copy of P&P is that I have an ongoing dilema about which edition I want to get, there are a lot of really beautiful ones out there!

      Delete
  3. I have both of Diana's novels (I loved the idea of them being sci-fi re-tellings of classics), but I've not red them. At some point I must remedy this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sci-fi retellings of classics are a fantastic idea, and I'd love to see more of them- actually, I'd love more set in the same world as For Darkness Shows the Stars! Hopefully you get a chance to read them soon.

      Delete
  4. Some great books on your list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/top-ten-tuesday-68/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you receive the books you want soon. Happy reading!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/08/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-id-buy-right.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very nice list! If you check out our blog , Allyson left a great review for Magonia, she loved it!
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a huge fan of Magonia and I'd love to read what she thought about it! *scurries over to blog*

      Delete
  7. Great list! I am missing a couple of the Harry Potter hardcovers that I would love to get to finish my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finishing the Harry Potter collection is one of those ultamite eventual goals. (Mine is technically complete... though it's in rough condition after being read so many times!)

      Delete
  8. I have read the HP books several times but I still need to own the set! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My set is technically complete... but they're kind of had the covers read off them, and some are in pretty rough condition. I'd love to eventually get fresh copies...

      Delete