Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Top Ten Books By My Favorite Authors That I Still Haven’t Read



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.


1. Vicious by V. E. Schwab: I did actually start this once but I never had time to finish it... I'll probably give it another go at some point soon.

2. The Poison Eaters by Holly Black: I've been on a Holly Black kick recently and this sounds appealing so at some point I'll probably try to find a copy.

3. The Unfinished Tales by J. R. R. Tolkien, edited by Christopher Tolkien: next on the Tolkien reading list, I think. That or The Fall of Gondolin because I really like Gondolin and also Idril.

4. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater: I don't know if I'll read this once or not, I know that the story is in a perpetually unfinished duology and that might not be a satisfying read.

5. This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel: Frankenstien retelling from before Frankenstien retellings were cool. (Or at least. This is the first one that I heard about.)


6. Now I Rise by Kiersten White: I know, I know. I thought I was putting it off until Bright We Burn came out, but now it's out and I have no excuse.

7. Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab: I know what happens (because I spoiled myself like the wise person I am) and it's easier to be in denial without reading the book. I may pick it up at some point.

8. House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones: I'm really excited to get back into this world. I think I might re-read Howl's Moving Castle again first just because I REALLY like Howl's Moving Castle.

9. Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers: Recently out in Canada. I shelved this at the library where I worked and... didn't borrow it because things were so busy.

10. Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff: look I'm always sold on androids and AIs and robots and space. I'm a simple person with simple tastes.

18 comments :

  1. You have your work cut out for you. Good luck catching up. I went off the board this week and listed my favorite banned books since it is banned books week. My TTT Favorite Banned Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow I didn't even realise this week was banned books week! I feel like catching up will likely be the work of several months, especially given how busy things have been recently. (Which reminds me I owe you all a review... working on it, I swear!)

      Delete
  2. Ooh Unfinished Tales... I LOVE that book. all the little snippets about Middle- earth! And Record of a Spaceborn Few- while I didn't love it as much as the first book, I love that series as a whole and it's still an amazing read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silmaril is my favourite of Tolkien's work so far, so I am looking forward to The Unfinished Tales. I'm so interested in the process of Tolkien developing Middle-earth so I think it'll be a good time.

      Delete
  3. Lots of hauntingly beautiful book covers here! I hope you enjoy all of 'em. Happy reading!

    * TTT: To all the authors I follow on Twitter & the books I haven't read ������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bias toward really pretty book covers. (Judging a book by it's cover: the Kelly way). Well done, cover designers!

      Delete
  4. I still have quite a few Victoria Schwab books to read, but I DID just finally read Vicious and it was amazing.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I think that I've read most of Victoria Schwab's books... and then I realise that I definitely, definitely haven't.

      Delete
  5. I just read Vicious and really enjoyed it! Our Dark Duet was on my list this week too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/09/25/top-ten-tuesday-178/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always glad to hear books that I'm going to read (and I will read it. I swear I will... mood reading strikes again).

      Delete
  6. I need to read Our Dark Duet, too. I’ve completely forgotten everything that happens in the first book. I liked Vicious, though. I remember that one.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually read This Savage Song twice and then just not continued on to the next book... I should read it eventually, though.

      Delete
  7. I haven't read any V.E. Schwab and I need too! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.E. Schwab has really unique story ideas, and I'm really enjoying working my way through her books! Hopefully you get a chance to read something soon.

      Delete
  8. I bought And I Darken, Now I Rise, and This Savage Song when they were on sale at Amazon.com for $1.99. Have I read them yet? Sadly, no. I really need to get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can attest to And I Darken and This Savage Song both being really enjoyable when you get a chance to read them. (As mentioned I still have to read Now I Rise because my planning abilities are... unique.)

      Delete
  9. Oh, I'm going to have to look up The Poison Eaters. Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds pretty good, right? I don't know if any of the libraries I'm a member of (there's a cross-library lending program it's a thing...) have it.

      Delete