Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Top Ten Books I Am Going to Read By The End of This Year, I Swear


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

This one is just going to be my kind of... wrap-up TBR for the year, mostly for when I finally have time to read after finishing exams. I'm hoping I'll get through all of them but... that is ambitious to say the least.


1. The Girl King by Mimi Yu: I've got a review to do for this one and the release date is coming up. I'm aiming to pick it up before the end of the year.

2. Now I Rise by Kiersten White: I read and really liked And I Darken quite a while ago and then just... didn't read the next book. Now that the rest of the trilogy is very much out I really need to get on finishing the trilogy.

3. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi: I know, I know. I NEED to stop putting it off, it's just now I'm intimidated.

4. For a Muse of Fire by Heidi Heilig: I hadn't realised that Heidi Heilig had another book out! I've gotten a copy out of the library so I'll hopefully be getting to it soon.

5. Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor: I'm debating going with the audiobook for this one, but I'm not sure yet.


6. Cambrian Ocean World by John Foster: I'm working my way through this one right now. Non-fiction always takes me a little longer, but I'm quite enjoying this one so far.

7. The Calculating Stars by Marie Robinette Kowal: I bought the paperback and then just... didn't read it.

8. Radio Silence by Alice Oseman: This one I got on sale and then I just haven't been in the mood to read it, but I really should read it.

9. Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore: I ordered this one, and then the copy I ordered got lost and then months later I managed to get a copy.

10. The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley: I borrowed this one from the library so... I should be reading it soon.

18 comments :

  1. I hope you can read these, Kelly! Given that I'm an unusually slow reader, there's no way I'll read ten (or probably even five!) books in this month. But I'd like to. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of an ambitious goal for me, I suspect I might not wind up getting everything read, especially given that exams are in full swing...

      Delete
  2. Crossing my fingers that you managed to get to all of these. I bought For a Muse of Fire not too long ago, but haven't gotten around to it. Everyone is saying how amazing it is, so I'm sure you will enjoy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am... also crossing my fingers. It's probably a way to ambitions goal... Hopefully For a Muse of Fire works out well for both of us!

      Delete
  3. I loved The Girl King and Children of Blood and Bone! Very ambitious list for sure, but lots of great choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first I've heard from someone who has read The Girl King, it's good to hear that it's something for me to look forward to!

      Delete
  4. I love Radio Silence! I hope that you can get to the books after your exams! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed! I've heard such good things about it and just... haven't picked it up.

      Delete
  5. I was approved for an ARC of The Girl King and I need to read it too. Probably in the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about halfway through And I Darken and I really need to get back to it soon. It's been a good book so far.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I took my time reading the start of it as well (and then I just couldn't put it down toward the end...) hope it works out well for you!

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed both Children of Blood and Bone and For a Muse of Fire. Felt a bit more lukewarm about Radio Silence, it was okay, but didn't really live up to the hype for me, I hope you enjoy it more.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/12/11/top-ten-tuesday-189/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear that Children of Blood and Bone and For a Muse of Fire went well for you! Radio Silence isn't my usual genre, but I'm hoping it will go well...

      Delete
  8. I've been trying to get around to Children of Blood and Bone but I always end up missing it when it becomes available at the library. Good luck with the rest of your reading year! :)

    Amber ♥ The Book Bratz
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know I'm not the only one... although I don't have the library reason. I actually preordered it, and then got busy, and then just kept on not reading it...

      Delete
  9. I am super, super curious about The Girl King. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Children of Blood and Bone! I hope you get to all you want to read soon, and enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Girl King was kind of an immediate request for me, it sounds right up my alley! I've heard so many good things about Children of Blood and Bone and I think that has made me feel like I absolutely must choose the right time to read it (which doesn't make logical sense but... here we are), which will hopefully be soon.

      Delete