Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Winter Release TBR


I maybe made a mild error given that last week was kind of a TBR for me so... I had to make a twist on that.



1. The Girl King by Mimi Yu: Repeat from last week! I'm looking forward to exams being over so I have time to read and review this one.

2. The Wicked King by Holly Black: The Cruel Prince was a big thing for me before... and I've preordered this one, so hopefully I'll be able to read it on it's release.

3. Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills: Emma Mills has impressed me so much with her work! I'm not usually a contemporary reader, but I've liked everything she's written.

4. The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi: I really liked the connected stories The Star-Touched Queen and Crown of Wishes, and I'm looking forward to more of Roshani Chokshi's work! Especially because the plot sounds fantastic too.

5. Ruse by Cindy Pon: I really enjoyed Want and it definitely left me wanting more, so I'm looking forward to this one!


6. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo: I am so excited about this book. After Six of Crows I am really, really looking forward to getting back to the world.

7. Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto: I was approved for an eARC of this a month ago and I haven't read it yet because things are busy I am a dreadful gremlin things are busy. I'm really looking forward to it, though. Especially because look at that cover.

8. The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon: I wasn't enamored of Samantha Shannon's first series, but this sounds really intriguing, and I'm hoping it'll be more my thing.

9. When the Sky Fell on Slendor by Emily Henry: Aliens! Poetical writing!

10. Return of the Thief by Megan Whalen Turner: I went through this series really fast these in like... a fortnight this year now I am frantically anticipating this last book. (My condolences to people who've been waiting two decades for this one... and also my respect.)

20 comments :

  1. Recently I've heard that Emma Mills is an amazing but underrated author. It's made me curious about her novels, and as if I'd really like to read some of them. :)

    Happy winter TBR-ing, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma Mills is becoming one of my favourite authors- which is a little unusual for me, given that I'm not much of a contemporary reader... I think the way she captures friendships is really lovely. Hope you have a chance to check one of them out soon!

      Delete
  2. Wow- Crown of feathers! That one is new to me but what an amazing cover. Same for Priory of the Orange Tree although I have seen that one around. When The sky Fell sounds really fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crown of Feather just has such a beautiful cover, and it sounds pretty fantastic too!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these books, but they do look like they could be fabulous. Enjoy! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of them have actually been released yet, so not having read any of them is definitely understandable. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Ah you're so luck you got an arc of The Girl King! I really wish I could read it, it's on my winter TBR too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel really fortunate, I wasn't expecting to have the chance to review it before the release! Hopefully you get a chance to read it when it comes out!

      Delete
  5. I started The Girl King today. It's good so far! I have an ARC for The Gilded Wolves, plan on pre-ordering The Wicked King, and plan on reading Priory of the Orange Tree too (it's a long book!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to hear The Girl King is going well for you so far. I'll also look forward to learning what you thin of The Gilded Wolves!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, King of Scars sounds good.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited to return to the Grisha verse. Also it's a really intense cover.

      Delete
  7. The Gilded Wolves is on my list too. Hope you enjoy these and have a great week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we both enjoy reading it when it comes out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited for both Priory and King of Scars!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/12/18/top-ten-tuesday-190/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both sound really good! There are... a lot of fantastic-sounding books coming out in the next few months!

      Delete
  9. So many of these releases are on my 2019 TBR as well.But I must admit, the one I`m most excited about is "King of Scars". I missed Nikolai and the Grishaverse.

    Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are kind of my first quarter of the year 2019 releases that I want to read... King of Scars is definitely up there on the list for me as well, I'm really looking forward to revisiting the world and characters!

      Delete
  10. I'm really looking forward to The Wicked King and Ruse! Happy reading!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they both go well for both of us!

      Delete