Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Top Ten Characters I Wish Would Get Their OWN Book

Top Ten Tuesdays are a weekly feature over at The Broke and The Bookish.

This is weird for me because, when I want more of a story, I typically just want another book with the characters that are already in the book... so this might bridge into that because I'm terrible that way.

1.Aiofe and Niten from Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. Actually, much of the cast of these books. So many of them have lived an incredibly long time, and have had so many adventures. They've been together a long time and they're a great team, and care about each other a lot (in their vaguely emotionally stilted way). I would love to seem them meet and go on adventures...

2. Virginia Dare from Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel (again, so sue me). We got a little of her back story in The Enchantress, but I could do with some more adventures. She was interesting in that she could be very ruthless, but had a very strong set of guiding personal values. Also Billy the Kid and Black Hawk. Like I said, I would enjoy stories for 90% of the supporting characters...

 3. Zoe from Darklife and Riptide. She's Ty's little sister, but I would love to see her at sixteen or seventeen going crazy things in the name of marine biology. Because she would.

4. Minerva Paradizo from Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony. I feel like she showed up and then disappeared, and I would love to see what she's up for. I would really like for her to become a go between for the fairies and the humans eventually.

5. Kate de Vries from Airborn, Skybreaker and Starclimber. Okay, I'm 50/50 on whether I would want a book from her point of view, but I'll tell you what I do want: her field notes. Which, I have decided, count. Especially if there are drawings. I would read them. (Also, I could really do with another book. Really.)

6. Nikolia Lantsov from the Grisha Trilogy.  Again, I'm a fan of adventures, and he's certainly had a few (also, airships, I am a fan of airships), and I would love to revisit this world (which I will get to, there's a duology planned in the same world). I would also love to read a story centered on Zoya, perhaps after the events of Ruin & Rising.

7. Dr. Barlow from the Leviathan Trilogy. I would enjoy reading young Dr. Barlow making her way as a lady scientist in a Victorian-style society- even with her famous  ancestor, it can't have been easy.

8. Anne Treleaven and Felicity Frame from the Agency series. Mostly because I'm curious how The Agency was even founded. They have a complicated relationship, and we don't see much of it besides the fallout. (I also didn't feel like Rivals in the City closed out the story, I could have done with another book...)

I think that's about it for me...

No comments :

Post a Comment